Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe
A delicious recipe for homemade noodles in a gorgeous turkey broth.
6-8 cups turkey broth
1 carrot, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
2 cups leftover turkey, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
Heaping tablespoon butter
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1. Make the noodles first mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
2. Make a bowl in the flour and break in the eggs.
3. Using your fingertips work the flour into the eggs, creating a ball of dough. Let rest 20 minutes.
4. Use a rolling pin; roll very thin, once rolled out flat, roll the dough up into a log and cut thinly.
5. Layer some flour between the cut noodles so they don’t stick together.
6. Drop the noodles into a large pot of boiling water and boil until they float. Drain water from noodles and set in a bowl with a little butter to keep them from sticking together.
7. Bring 6 cups of turkey broth to a boil. Add carrots and bring down to simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Add turkey chunks, pre-cooked noodles, salt and pepper.
9. Garnish with green onion.
Tip: While cooking your turkey dinner, instead of throwing away water from boiling potatoes or other vegetables, reserve this water in a large pot to later make this homemade